DBS Update Service
For an annual subscription of £13 you can have your DBS Certificate kept up-to-date and take it with you from role to role, within the same workforce, where the same type and level of check is required.
- Saves you time and money
- One DBS Certificate is all you may ever need
- Take your DBS Certificate from role to role within the same workforce
- You are in control of your DBS Certificate and can monitor who has checked your certificate
How to Access the Update Service:
From 17 June 2013 you will be able to join the Update Service online at www.gov.uk/dbs
Subscribing online is quick and simple. Just enter your application form or DBS Certificate number, name, date of birth and address and pay the subscription fee securely from your account. When your subscription is confirmed you can then use this new service.
You will need to ensure you keep your original DBS Certificate safe, secure and remember to take it with you to any schools that you work in, as your employer will no longer be issued a copy. All employers will need to sight your original DBS Certificate.
You only have 14 days from the date of your DBS Certificate to subscribe to the Update Service. Please note that if you miss this 14 day window, you will have to have a brand new DBS Certificate put into process, which will be charged in full.
How to Subscribe:
- If your DBS Certificate is dated in the last 14 days you can join the Update Service. Go to gov.uk/dbs
- Select whether you are applying with your DBS application form or with your DBS Certificate
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the service and then enter your personal details (these must match those on your application form of DBS Certificate)
- Answer the question ‘Does the above application / DBS Certificate relate to a voluntary position?’
- Make payment of £13 for the subscription fee and a payment confirmation screen will confirm whether payment was successful
- You have now joined the Update Service